Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tablets don't have Control

I had some spare time and I didn't feel like doing my homework, so I thought I might as well open up Photoshop and do some writing. I found out my left wrist won't rotate as much as my right, so when I make broad strokes my hand can't rest on my "paper." I also can't get used to the fact that I cross hatch/shade from the top right to the bottom left. (see the shadow in the pictures)

Since drawing with my tablet makes my handwriting so terrible, I think I'll stick with paper and a camera to upload my work on my computer. The problem with my tablet is that I not only have to concentrate on making smooth strokes to write, but I have to look at my computer screen while writing. It's easier if you just focus on one spot like your hand when you write on paper.

I even tried writing with my computer mouse with my left hand (the black writing in the picture below). That turned out better than using my tablet...


No comments:

Post a Comment